As Thanksgiving 2014 winds down, and I am sorely missing you, Bret, I am recounting a
conversation I had with our children, after we prayed over our feast. Jonathon complained that we had never done this before, when I
asked them all to name one thing they were thankful for, and be original, to boot!
Jonathon Trone--"A day off."
Kevin Ash--(Now that he has been promoted to supervisor)
"That no one has been seriously injured at my job this year."
Deanna Ash--"My weight loss."
Me--"For how often God answers my prayers."
Ashley Trone--"Maternity leave."
There are three more someones, however, whom God has blessed
me with (and who I cannot wait for you to finally meet!), who I am oober thankful for! Although the best picture is still in
Deanna's phone, this one is a near perfect glimpse of the steadfast love God
bestows upon me every single day of my life. I was not a believer in the whole
"wait until you have grandchildren" craze until my first grandson was
born. Now, I totally get it, and they have become everything to me. Every day
Evin, Caius, and Winry become my heroes, AND they've given me a new purpose to
live life well. For both my children and grandchildren, I am ever grateful. I
love you all a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck!

No comments:
Post a Comment